Pairs of socks knitted in 2014

  • Roxanne's socks
  • Brian's Cascade socks
  • Shirley's lacy socks
  • striped Meredith socks
  • striped stranded #1

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Overheard at work

As I've said before, there's far fewer male nurses than female nurses employed by my hospital. Occasionally, this leads to some unintentional conflict in the break room. During lunch on my most recent shift, I overheard this conversation:
Female nurse #1: "I loved breastfeeding! Especially all the skin-to-skin bonding with the baby..." (sighs dreamily.)
Female nurse #2: "I know! But after my youngest got teeth at five months and nearly bit through my nipple, I had to wean her sooner than I wanted to."
Male nurse #1 to male nurse #2, very loudly: "SO I'VE GOT THIS PATIENT ON AN INSULIN DRIP..."

No comments: